Sep 16, 2010

New Magazines

I recently was a yard sale and I happened to find a box of older magazines.  Inside the box I found about 8 Health magazine issues that I grabbed up real quick before anyone else could and proceeded to find out how much they were going to cost me.  Well darn-a whole .10 each was the going price and darn if I didn't buy every issue she had.  Now I just need to find time to read through them.  I have noticed that over the years, the articles have changed slightly, but the headlines sure haven't!   July 2007-"Fast Food that won't make you fat"-page 224 or September 2008-"Fast Food that won't make you fat"-page 151.  Want to know if they are the same article?  Nope-must be a printing problem on the cover of the Sept. issue since the article on page 151 is actually Healthy Eating and no where inside this magazine does it have an article about Fast Foods. Hummmm???   But the other magazine has a great article about Fast Foods!  The selections are listed alphabetically & this is an old list, but here goes:  Applebee's- (one of my favorites) Steak & Portobello Mushrooms,  Arby's- (another favorite) Grilled Chicken Breast,  Burger King- Tender-grill Chicken Garden Salad,  McDonald's- Southwest Salad with grilled chicken and Subway- Fresh Fit Meal Turkey sub is #1.  I think most of the foods on this list are still on their respective menus.   Wish I could share the photos, it all looks great!  OK, gotta go get me some lunch!

No comments: